THIS IS HOW YOU Start to Block the ability of CONGRESS to take the American people hostage
A Congressional Reform Act of 2013 bill which includes, but are not limited to the following provisions.
1. No Tenure / No Pension/ Term limitations to no more than 3.
A Congressman/woman collects a salary while in office and receives no pay when they’re out of office.
2. Congress (past, present & future) participates in Social Security.
All funds in the Congressional retirement fund move to the Social Security system immediately. All future funds flow into the Social Security system and Congress participates with the American people. It may not be used for any other purpose.
3. Congress can purchase their own retirement plan, just as all Americans do or through the same system as other federal employees.
4. Congress will no longer vote themselves a pay raise. Congressional pay will rise by the lower of CPI or 3%.
5. Congress loses their current health care system and participates in the same health care system as the American people.
6. Congress must equally abide by all laws they impose on the American people.
7. All contracts with past and present Congressmen/women are void effective 12/31/13. The American people did not make this contract with Congressmen/women.
8. Public funded election campaigns with limits. No other provision, no private or individual funding.
Congressmen/women made all these contracts for themselves. Serving in Congress is an honor not a career. The Founding Fathers envisioned citizen legislators, so ours should serve their term(s), then go home and back to work.
If each person contacts a minimum of twenty people then it will only take three days for most people (in the U.S. ) to receive the message. Don’t you think it’s time?
Thanks to Derek Oronhde for passing on some of this from Warren Buffet. I can’t authenticate that he in fact is distributing this, but the ideas are good.